Find the complete list of guidelines on how to reopen your business
The government has allowed certain types of business to reopen. They have issued guidelines on how to do this safely for both workers and customers here. This is a great step forward for the reopening of high street businesses and some way of restoring normality in your area. From the 4th of July, pubs, cinemas, theatres, museums, hairdressers and more can reopen, which means the vast majority of the high street will have returned.
Our blog sections and social media pages will give daily updates of what is happening nationally on the high street. Our local offers and events pages will continue to update offers for stores that are open or delivering online only.
Below are 8 different types of workplace which have already been allowed to reopen. Although some businesses may fall into multiple categories, meaning both sets of guides will have to be followed to keep employees safe. Click on the links for your workplace to find the complete guide to re-open and follow the safe distancing rules:
- Construction and other outdoor work – Guidance for people who work in or run outdoor working environments.
- Factories, plants and warehouses - Guidance for people who work in or run factories, plants and warehouses
- Other people's homes – Guidance for people working in, visiting or delivering to o home environments as well as their employers
- Labs and research facilities – Guidance for people who work in or run indoor labs and research facilities and similar environments
- Offices and contact centres – Guidance for people who work in or run offices, contact centres and similar indoor environments
- Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery – Guidance for people who work in or run restaurants offering takeaway or delivery services.
- Shops and branches – Guidance for people who work in or run shops, branches, stores or similar environments.
- Vehicles – Guidance for people who work in or from vehicles, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit and work vehicles, field forces and similar.
If you want more specific details on guidelines for your type of business, follow the link here, and answer the questions to determine what guidelines your business should be following.
Lockdown is still widely implemented across the country. But with workplaces being allowed to reopen, and with guidelines in place, this is the start of a positive change.
This news section brings together positive articles about the high street from other websites, other contributions include guest writers and blogs written by businesses. Some individual articles have a read more button which will link you to continue reading on the original sources website. If there's a problem with this page Report it here